Your Privacy Is Important To UsProtecting the trust of customers and any personal information you provide to us is very important to Johnny Bigg Proprietary Limited (ACN 168 371 015) (“Johnny Bigg.”). Johnny Bigg is committed to protecting your privacy in all your dealings with us. Johnny Bigg is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant privacy legislation.
This Policy outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of our terms and conditions. This policy explains:
- what information we collect
- how we collect your information
- how we use your information
- how and with whom we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- how we secure your personal information
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
This Site is operated by Retail Apparel Group Proprietary Limited (ACN 110 176 077) (“RAG”), the holding company of Johnny Bigg. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, RAG is the controller of the personal information collected.
The types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect may include:
- your name, contact details, billing and delivery details
- details, such as gender and date of birth, as supplied by you
- history of your entry into Johnny Bigg promotions over time
- history of your past purchases from Johnny Bigg over time
- details from your CV and your employment history, if you apply for a job with us
- other information supplied by you - including, but not limited to photos or videos, in response to direct questions asked or when you rate and review a Johnny Bigg product, or when you engage with us through any social media channels
How do we collect information from you?
- Information we collect when you visit the Johnny Bigg website (www.johnnybigg.com)
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- create an account on our Site
- place an order through our Site
- fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey; rate and review products with or without photos and/or videos
- subscribe to our mailing list
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.)
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available
2. Information we collect when you contact us
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, email, or via social media, or when your supply feedback or ratings and reviews
3. Information we collect if you apply for a job with us
You may be able to apply for a job with us through our Site, or through third party websites such as LinkedIn or recruitment companies.
How we use your information
We will use your information in the following ways -
- For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- to provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one
- to fulfil any order that you place with us
- to collect payment from you
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services and to improve our services
- to administer competitions that you have entered
- to review and assess any job application that you submit to us
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to the merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details)
- if you have consented to us doing so, we will share your information internally within RAG in order to send you tailored offers or other information we believe will be of interest
- if you provide your mobile telephone number and if you have consented for us to do so, we may contact you with marketing messages which have been tailored to match your preferences
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our SMS messages by sending the word ‘STOP’ to the number specified in the SMS message or clicking on the link provided in the SMS message
If you want to change the details that you have registered online with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences please click on the ‘Update Preferences’ link found at the footer of all marketing email messages from Johnny Bigg. If you wish to unsubscribe altogether, please click on the ‘One-Click Unsubscribe’ link at the footer of all marketing email messages from Johnny Bigg.
If you do not supply the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to complete your transaction, deliver your purchases, provide you with the information you have requested, accept your entry into any promotion or competition, or consider your job application.
How and with whom we share your information
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, to SEKO who assist us with fulfilling deliveries and the third parties we engage to provide IT systems support. Some of these service providers and third parties may have servers, or are located in countries other than Australia, such as Asia, USA, UK and Europe.
- If you choose to provide feedback on your transaction, we will share your information with Feedbackify, a third party feedback site who will capture your feedback on transactions which we use to enhance our customer service.
- If you choose to provide ratings and/or reviews we will share these with Yotpo, a third party ratings and reviews site who will capture your ratings, reviews, photos and videos, which we use to enhance our customer service and offering to other customers.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, Nosto may automatically send you an e-mail to remind you that there are items in your basket.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but are able to link your social media presence and our website. Your personal information may be transmitted to countries outside of Australia and the European Economic Area. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transmitted, please contact email@example.com
- We receive insights from Facebook about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns which you experience on our website and social channels, which helps to better target our advertising.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our social media pages. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet the appropriate privacy legislation requirements.
How long we keep your information
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing information
- in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reports and trend analysis
- for as long as Johnny Bigg is otherwise required to retain it by law
How we store your information
Your information may be processed by our employees or by the employees of our service providers or third parties, to the extent necessary to fulfil your order.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information relating to credit card details is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our service providers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
How we secure your personal information
Johnny Bigg stores and holds Information electronically and/or in hard copy. We will take reasonable steps to store and hold your personal information in a secure and restricted manner and to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information is limited to those individuals who require such access in order to perform their duties and responsibilities. Any personal information held by a third party storage provider is done so under strict contractual obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Johnny Bigg has the necessary technical and organisational security measures in place, as are appropriate, and these security measures ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that may arise in the processing of your personal information.
Sensitive personal information from our customers
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
Sensitive personal information from our employees and prospective job applicants
The special personal information relating to our employees or prospective job applicants will be safeguarded and any processing of this information will be regulated to ensure the protection thereof. Johnny Bigg undertakes to keep confidential all employees and prospective job applicants special personal information and limit disclosure to only those Johnny Bigg employees and third party providers with a legitimate need to know this information or where they are required to access and process this information due to operational requirements.
Rights you may have
Johnny Bigg will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information up-to-date, complete and accurate and may, from time to time, ask you to update your details. However we encourage you to update your own details as often as possible. To do this, simply use the login prompt at the top of the homepage of our Site, to login to your account and update your details under the “My Information” section.
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information (i.e. withdrawing your consent, which you can do at any time), or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format (we may ask for proof of identification before supplying you with the personal information). If we deny access to your personal information, we will tell you why. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the relevant Data Protection Authority.
Please contact our Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a request or if you have any privacy-related queries or complaints.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an email with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this Site you can contact us at email@example.com
Mobile Terms of Service
The Johnny Bigg USA mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Johnny Bigg USA (“Johnny Bigg USA”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Johnny Bigg USA’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Johnny Bigg USA through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Johnny Bigg USA. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18559231566 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Johnny Bigg USA mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18559231566 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.